We serve as a comprehensive business resource to private practice physicians. Membership in a large and strong physician organization will be increasingly important to doctors given the fundamental transformations underway in healthcare. These changes present substantial challenges to the way doctors practice medicine and need to be effectively addressed to protect the interests and autonomy of private doctors.
What we do for physicians
- Membership in an integrated network of credentialed physicians.
- Participation in equitable agreements with health plans with significant opportunities for incentives. United Physicians participates with the largest health plans and managed care organizations in Southeast Michigan.
- Knowing that a physician-led organization is advocating on behalf of its physicians, in relations with health plans, hospitals or ancillary providers and serves as a steward for the private practice of medicine.
- Assistance with implementation of clinical integration, patient registries, electronic medical records, e-prescribing, meaningful use, and HIPAA-compliant communication between physician practices.
- Assistance with demonstrating quality and compliance through accountability and sound medical management tools and practices, which translates to eligibility for increased reimbursement, incentives and other value based programs with payers. Over half of our physicians participate in BCBSM’s PGIP program, and 88 practices are PCMH Designated.
- Access to value-added services and comprehensive business resources such as group purchasing and vaccine purchasing programs to improve the financial performance of your practice.
- Access to educational and networking opportunities for you and your employees through Physician Advocacy Cabinet meetings, office manager forums, and specialized programs such as LEAN and Practice Optimization.